These delicious little ‘egg’ treats are protein-packed and covered in antioxidant-laden, dark vegan chocolate …. with their macadamia and almond butter centres, ours beat a conventional sugar-laden ‘Crème Egg’ any time!
2 Cups Raw Almonds
1 Cup Coconut Flour
2 Tbsp Lemon Zest
3/4 Cup Date Paste
10 Drops Stevia
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
Vegan Chocolate for Dipping
Macadamia Butter for Centre
Almond Butter for Centre
Assortment of Superfoods, Seeds, Fruit Powders, Dried Edible Petals for Decoration
– Blend the almonds into a ‘meal’ texture in the food processor.
– Add coconut flour, lemon zest and vanilla extract and blend together in in food processor.
– Place mixture into a bowl and add date paste, coconut oil and stevia. Mix together.
– Shape spoonfuls of the mixture into egg shapes, ensuring there is a delicious deposit of macadamia butter or almond butter in the centre.
– Dip eggs in good quality vegan chocolate, melted over a double boiler on the stove top and place on grease-proof paper.
– Decorate with whatever health conscious, edible pretty things take your fancy and chill in the fridge until set.
Makes 8 – 10 Eggs
www.wisecicada.co.nz for all your certified organic ingredients